Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday in Ecuador

Nobody gave me a story for today because they are all so tired. I'm shocked at how fast this week has gone by! We have one more day of ministry left in our towns. I speak for Amy and I when I say that God has definatley worked in our city and has prepared the people to take over long after we have left. We witnessed to nine people today, four people accepted Christ into their lives and three people continue to study God's word through the lessons the church and e3 has provided.

It is very difficult for our groups to help the people in Ecuador understand what we come here to do because the Catholic Church is so prominate here. I heard a story yesterday of Craig and Emily's team. They invited a woman and her son to come to the meetings that we hold every night and just as they accepted, the grandmother ran out of the house and proclaimed that no one was going so they couldn't go. Today, I tried to witness to a lady as she was doing yard work and she told us that she would not hear anything read (she could not read herself) or taught to her if it was not from the Catholic Bible; so tomorrow I will bring that to her. I wish for prayers of encouragment for all of the teams today. They need to know that it is our job to plant the seed and only God can make it grow. I need to be reassured of that as well.

But I know God's work is being done. We may not see the fruits immediatley but we are here to help and we are doing just that! Thank you and goodnight!

God Bless(ed),

Sarah Ethridge

1 comment:

  1. All God asks us to do is say yes to Him. You are doing what He asks of you moment by moment, and we know He will take care of the rest. PRAYING IN ALABASTER! Love, Mia and J.H.

    ReplyDelete